New Heathens News
What I Did On My Summer Vacation...
Friday, August 17, 2007


Just got back to NYC after spending 10 days fishing and visiting family in Montana. Went camping in Yellowstone Park, where I worked in 1997, for five days and saw two adult grizzly bears and two cubs, seven wolves, three black bears, hundreds of bison, dozens of elk, golden eagles, bald eagles, osprey, mule deer, coyotes, pronghorn and a big bull moose. Plus I caught dozens of fat native Yellowstone Cutthroat Trout (see picture above).

After visitng friends in Missoula over the weekend I went with my stepdad, sister and brother up to Glacier National Park for a couple more days of camping and cutthroat trout catching (they have the speckled Westslope Cutthroat Trout up in Glacier). Ate and drank at the Northern Lights Saloon in Polebridge, MT, my favorite dot on the map. There a buffalo enchalada and four beers costs less than a twenty, and the cooks strum tunes by the Bottle Rockets outside as the moon goes up. Heaven can't be much different.

I'm excited to jump back in the saddle with the New Heathens and make some rock n' roll. Tomorrow we play a favorite bar of ours, the Sol Bar in Delhi, NY (one week ago today I stood in Yellowstone's Lamar Valley watching a grizzly bear gnaw on a freshly killed buffalo and I started chatting with the dude next to me who just happened to live in Delhi). On Saturday we play a place we've never played, Pearly Baker's Ale House in Easton, PA. We've got some great friends in Easton, so it should be a great weekend.


0 comments

Website: Castle Builder Design

Get on our mailing list! Send an email to info@newheathens.com.

Previous Posts