New Heathens News
Newville Session, Warren Zevon Pix
Monday, February 4, 2008


My good friend Drina Seay helping me out on a song at the last Newville session at Banjo Jim's.

Newville sessions are fun. The brainchild of my friend Brooke Lunde , Newville showcases singer songwriters playing original music at Banjo Jim's the last Thursday of every month (though it'll move to the first Thursday in the spring). It's a real pleasure to be asked to play, and a good songwriting motivator. Plus the other musicians are just alarmingly talented.

At the last one I met a very cool woman named Kathi Goldmark, a producer on West Coast Live, a radio show based in San Francisco. She put together the Rock Bottom Remainders , the famous band featuring authors like Stephen King, Dave Barry, Amy Tan plus my hero, Warren Zevon.


This is a wonderful photo she e-mailed me of her with WZ.


And this is a hilarious photo of Gloria Gaynor trying to rehearse "I Will Survive" with the Rock Bottom Remainders while Warren Zevon looks on sheepishly.

Cool!


0 comments

Website: Castle Builder Design

Get on our mailing list! Send an email to info@newheathens.com.

Previous Posts