New Heathens News
Summer Vacation Stories
Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Ah summer vacation, so sad it's over. Here's some snapshots from Heathenland.

Butch went shootin'.


"Shotgun Butch"

Skeet beware, have you met my friend Butch?

Domenick went fishin'


Dom, fish.

Hooked a big one there, har-har.

He also caught ALICE COOPER in concert.

'Coop de Ville...

And made sure to eat plenty of his favorite breakfast, the Bacon, Egg and Cheese sandwich.

B.E.C.

I went fishing too.

Holding a purty Yellowstone Cutthroat trout caught in Slough Creek, Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming.


Trying to hold a flopping 14-inch Yellowstone Cutthroat Trout caught in Soda Butte Creek while a herd of buffalo graze in the background. Could life get any better?

Also went to Northwest Montana, to Glacier National Park and the Bob Marshall Wilderness Area, to catch native Westslope Cutthroat Trout like these...

Westslope Cutthroat from the South Fork of the Flathead River

In waters like these...

South Fork of the Flathead River, Montana

On that leg of the trip I was joined by a best buddy, my stepdad's black lab, Scout (who loves trout!)

Scout!

Did a little whitewater rafting too, at the invite of my buddy Mandela who has one of the best stories about the Rolling Stones I've ever heard. Remind me to tell it to you one of these days...


Top left, that's me. Capt. Mandela's in the back. Alberton Gorge of the Clark Fork River, near Tarkio, Montana

And celebrated an old friend's pending nuptuals with a camping trip with several of me best mates. The theme of this bachelor party? "Boy Scouts vs. Pirates." I was a pirate! Arrrrrr...

Pirate Party near the Lochesa River, Idaho (thanks to my buddy Lido Vizzutti for the pic)


0 comments

Website: Castle Builder Design

Get on our mailing list! Send an email to info@newheathens.com.

Previous Posts