New Heathens News
Rock, Brought
Saturday, August 1, 2009

Played my first all-original electric rock show in New York in almost a year last night. Closed out my Banjo Jim's residency loud and proud. Felt good.
(The dreaded "singer just stubbed his toe" shot.)

Had a dynamo band backing me up. I basically cherry-picked from three of my favorite NYC bands & put 'em all together. Left to right that's John from the Madison Square Gardeners on guitar, Tim from The Izzys on drums & Alison Jones from Spanking Charlene & The Roscoe Trio on bass.

Banjo Drina, who booked me for the residency, helped me out on Proud Highway (Alison laid down the law on bass.) Drina wrote on my Facebook page, "Nate Schweber brought out both kinds of music last night... Rock AND Roll!"
Thanks to everyone for your support! (Thanks to Dave Seay for the pix!)


2 comments

Website: Castle Builder Design

Get on our mailing list! Send an email to info@newheathens.com.

Previous Posts