New Heathens News
Street Reporting Savant, Doug Montero
Saturday, January 17, 2009


Played at Bar 9 in Hell's Kitchen last night and who'd I see? None other than Doug Montero, THE Doug Montero.

Doug, who works for the New York Post, is the best street reporter I've ever seen. The man reports the streets of New York City the way Coltrane honks sax, or Tiger Woods thwacks golf balls. Anywhere Doug goes he shucks, jives, instantly builds rapport, and gets everyone to open up. There's nobody I'm happier to see on a story because in addition to being the most fun reporter out there (once we killed time bouncing a rubber ball of the side of a Bronx police precinct; every time we end up in a great restaurant) it's a marvel just to stand back and watch him work. I wish I could copy him.

I hadn't seen Doug since we prowled the streets of Atlantic City looking for hookers to talk to about a probable serial killer . Of course he was game to jump onstage and sing with us last night. Here he is doing "Gimme Shelter."

Eat your heart out, Gawker.


0 comments

Website: Castle Builder Design

Get on our mailing list! Send an email to info@newheathens.com.

Previous Posts